home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

April 20, 2011

A Pop of Color

I don't know about you, but around here it still feels like winter. It's been rainy and cold and I'm dying for spring to show up! I've been in a dreary mood so I thought I'd cheer myself up with a fun and easy way to bring a splash of color to my living room.




Using only supplies I had on hand, I created this bright, sunny paper bag pennant to hang above my spring vignette. The colors are cheerful and the add a focal point for my pastel vignette. A little scrape book paper, ribbon, glue, craft paint, and mod podge can really make a difference.




I love how it turned out and I think it will make the dreary PNW days a little brighter. What do you like to do to add some cheer to your house for spring?

Shara Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! Love the little dish of eggs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea . . . I have no stuff on hand like that so I need to just buy one from you :P

    ReplyDelete