home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

June 11, 2013

A Dining Table Gets A Face Lift

I've had this table sitting in my garage for months. I been toying with several ideas of what I wanted it to look like and finally decided to give it a go.


I love this table because it has a hidden leaf that stores under the table when not in use. this is so handy because you don't have to find a space in the garage or under a bed to store the extra leaf. I originally had a couple of ideas in mind. Plan A and B involved stenciling the top similar to my previous dining table make over but that ended up not working due to the size of the hidden leaf. Working around that I set off to work on Plan C which was to paint the legs and top in two different colors. I wanted the top to be all white while the legs and base stayed a different color.

Well, Plan C eventually evolved into Plan D as the edges of the table had a bit of water damage and the discoloration was showing through even after using primer. So, to remedy that problem, I brought the darker color up onto the top. I seriously love how this turned out. It looks even better than what I had imagined. It feels so retro chic! I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and Duck Egg Blue for this make over.







I was originally going to sell this piece but I think it's a keeper (for now anyway). I can't wait to redo my dining benches and get a couple of industrial chairs to make this the perfect piece for my kitchen. I love when things all come together in an unexpected way.

Happy Crafting,

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment